On February 15 at 11:00 am, everyone is invited to attend the Sunday University traditionally held at the Menorah Center.
The organizer of the Sunday University is Tkuma Ukrainian Institute for Holocaust Studies and the Jewish Memory and the Holocaust in Ukraine Museum.
The topic of the class: “Nations, nationalism, patriotism: between Ukrainians and Jews?”
The following questions will be addressed within the announced topic:
- theory of ethnogenesis and nation-building;
- Leninism and the “national question”;
- nationalism and patriotism today.
In addition, we will continue the conversation about the myths of the Lenin era and other issues that we did not have time to review at the previous lesson.
The lesson is to be structured as follows:
- Lecture key from a moderator Dr. Igor Shchupak, director of Tkuma Ukrainian Institute for Holocaust Studies and the Jewish Memory and the Holocaust in Ukraine Museum;
- discussion on the subject, during which everyone will be able to speak up.
The admission is free.
We are waiting for you at the Menorah Center (4 Sholom Aleichem St), 3rd floor (elevator B), at a video room.
For more information please call: (095) 934-62-41.