International Museum Day will be celebrated in the Jewish Memory and the Holocaust in Ukraine Museum on Sunday, May 22. For this day, we have prepared a large and varied program.
– 11:00 and 14:00 – group tours to the exhibition “The Clocks, who saw the past”. Visitors can see a unique collection of vintage clocks made in France and Germany in the late XVIII – early XX centuries.
Theatrical performances and workshops:
– 12:00 – 14:00 in the halls of the museum, for those who want to make sure their visit to the museum can become an exciting adventure.
– 12:30 – museum quest “Mysterious Yekaterinoslav”. You can look forward to hidden clues, interactive games and, of course, enjoy the possibility to learn new facts about the history of your native city.
Opening of exhibitions:
– 12:00 – the Menorah Center’s Gallery will host the opening of the exhibition “Synagogues of Yekaterinoslav” that tells a story of the 70 synagogues that once existed in our city.
– 15:00 – opening of an exhibition of sculptures by Gennady Gutgarts and poems by one of the greatest poets of the twentieth century Paul Celan “Human-and-Jewish … – breath, the name of it?”. This exhibition project has been an attempt to correlate the abstract ceramic works with poems by Paul Celan in the originals and in translations by Mark Belorusts.
Admission to all above-mentioned events is free.
We invite all interested persons to the Jewish Memory and the Holocaust in Ukraine Museum, located at 4 Sholom Aleichem St, 2nd floor, Dnepropetrovsk.
Please call for more information: 050 452 21 63.
For reference: International Museum Day is an annual event, celebrated since 1977 by order of the XI General Conference of the International Council of Museums (ICOM). Each year the festival has a specific theme devoted to the issues of museum activity. In 2016, the theme is “Museums and cultural landscapes”.
Previously, there were the following subjects: in 2010, the theme of the Day were the words “Museums for the sake of social harmony”, in 2011 – “Museums and Memory.” In 2012, when the International Museum Day celebrated its 35th anniversary, the theme of the Day was “Museums in a changing world. New challenges, new inspiration”. 2013 was marked by the theme “Museums (Memory + Creativity) = Social Change”, while the slogan for 2014 were the words “Museum collections unite”, and in 2015 – “Museums and sustainable development of society”.
Source – www.djc.com.ua